“Granfondo Mashu” – an annual cycling event, will be held on May 27th and 28th in 2017 in Teshikaga in East Hokkaido. Since it started in 2013, around 400 people from across Japan have participated in this exciting cycle event.
“Granfondo Mashu” is not a competition. This is the cycle event for everyone who loves to cycle surrounded by beautiful nature. From beginners to advanced cyclists, there will be different courses to fit your level. All the courses provide spectacular view of the lakes and hills in the Teshikaga area and an opportunity to see the real Hokkaido!
Come and join us in making unforgettable memories!
Mashu Culture Center
3-3-1 Mashu Teshikaga-cho Kawakami-gun, Hokkaido
Event schedule & Entry Fees
|9:00 - 17:00||Registration|
|11:00 - 16:00||"Bihoro-panorama" Course (80km)
|12:00 - 16:00||"Kussharo caldera" Course (50km)
|18:30 - 20:00||Reception Party
in the Kussharo Onsen area
| JPY 3,500 / Adult
JPY 1,500 / Child
*Child -11 years old and under.
|7:00 - 8:00||Registration|
|9:00 - 16:00||Long Course (120km)
|9:00 - 16:00||Middle Course (90km)
|9:00 - 16:00||Short Course (60km)
*Entry Fee includes food and drinks at the aid stations / checkpoints.
Rental Bicycles and Helmets are available at the registration desk. Please reserve them when you submit the application form.
|1 day||2 days|
|Road Bike||JPY 3,500||JPY 6,000|
|Cross Bike||JPY 2,500||JPY 4,000|
|Kids Bike||JPY 2,500||JPY 4,000|
|Helmet||JPY 500||JPY 1,000|
Number of participants
|Bihoro panorama Course||100|
|Kussharo caldera Course||100|
Meet local people and other participants and try local foods. There will be a lottery event during the party ! Held in the Kussharo Onsen area - a one of the well-known hot spring area in Teshikaga.
The price includes all meals and drinks.
*Time: Saturday, May 27th 18:30-20:00
*Fee: ●JPY 3,500/Adult ●JPY 1,500/Child
*Venue: Kussharo prince Hotel in the Kussharo Onsen area
Event Rules and conditions
- “Granfondo Mashu” is not a competition. The purpose of this event is to have fun cycling through a naturally beautiful area of Hokkaido. Please refrain from competing with other participants.
- There will be no special traffic restrictions for this event. Please follow the regular traffic rules and cycle safely.
- There will be a staff member leading the way for each course. Please do not overtake them.
- Please get a stamp on your check-card when you pass each aid station/checkpoint.
- Your bicycle should be one you can ride on public roads. We recommend a sports type or equivalent. We (Organizer) may not allow you to participate if we decide your bicycle is not safe enough.
- We (Organizer) ask you to submit a bicycle check sheet and a written pledge at the registration desk on the day of the event. A bicycle check sheet and a written pledge form will be sent you after your entry is completed.
- We (Organizer) will provide you with as much support as possible in the case of an accident, but please be aware that each individual is responsible for their own accidents and assessing their own suitability and capability to participate in this event.
- We (Organizer) buy accident insurance for participants. However, we recommend participants to take out personal insurance policies to meet any contingencies.
- We (Organizer) are not responsible for any property loss or accidents either in the parking lot or at your place of accommodation.
- In the case of bad weather, the event may be cancelled or the course may change.
- All fees are non-refundable in all cases, including cancellation by the participants as well as event cancellation not caused by the participants.
- There will be English speaking staff who will provide you with written instructions on the day of event.
Participants should be age 6 or older, reasonably fit and healthy, and be willing to follow our Event Rules.